Friday, July 09, 2010

Our Herd

Today was Chick-Fil-A's COW APPRECIATION DAY.
All customers who dressed as cows from head to toe got a free combo or kids meal. If you dressed partially as a cow, you got a free entree. Well, we love chick-fil-a and we love it even more when it's free!

We actually planned our Friday night date before realizing it was cow appreciation day. We found out late last night, but being the fabulous, got-it-all-together-military-single-moms (ha,ha..not!) that we currently are forced to be, we sewed, painted and made cow costumes this afternoon. I don't think we did too badly!
I sewed black felt onto the boys' shirts and Zoë's onesie and I used Chick-Fil-A's website's "cow kit" to make the ears, tails and sandwich boards (which I actually fabric glued onto the shirts).

(I actually used the sewing machine without you, Mom!)

Our whole herd!
This giant cow was walking around Chick-Fil-A and my only child who didn't totally freak out was Zoë. Keegan was so frightened by him that he didn't even want to play in the play area because he didn't want to leave my side. Until we got in the car, he was paranoid that the cow was going to come near him.
(I think this will definitely become an annual event we participate in. It was really fun and if I'd not been rushing to make the kid's outfits in a few hours, I could have really gotten in to it!)

4 comments:

Lisa said...

How can you do all that with three little kids? You are really amazing and what a fun tradition!

Anonymous said...

you all look moo-velous!

Jenn Lamb said...

this is amazing. how do you have time to sew? you are super mom!!

Hi, I'm Jami! said...

Great costumes!!! When we went to the military appreciation day that they had a couple of months ago, Leah freaked out as well whenever the cow came near. Our poor children!